Texas Child Pornography Defense Lawyers
Defending your rights against child pornography charges in Texas
Have you been arrested for possession of child pornography? Has local law enforcement or a federal agent contacted you about an investigation into your online activities? Whether you made a mistake or someone else did, you must face certain facts immediately:
- Simply having or viewing certain types of sexual images violates both Texas and federal laws.
- The case against you could be brought in either a state court or U.S. district court.
- Penalties can include a prison sentence of ten years or more and lifetime registration as a sex offender.
- Simply being accused of a sex offense can adversely impact your career and reputation in profound ways.
- Under a recently passed federal law, you could be ordered to pay restitution to a child whose image was exploited.
Police, state law enforcement and federal agencies including the FBI now pursue child pornography cases aggressively. Internet sting operations are common. Authorities take tips from co-workers, estranged family members and others seriously. You must act quickly to protect your rights and future.
We Will Listen to Your Story and Work Relentlessly for the Best Outcome.
At Files Harrison & Millslagle, P.C. in Tyler, Texas, our attorneys put decades of federal and state criminal defense experience to work for our clients. We will hear you out and provide sound counsel in your best interests, recognizing that:
- You may have received child pornography or downloaded illegal content from the Internet unintentionally.
- Someone else may have accessed your computer and viewed or stored illegal pornography on it without your knowledge.
- You could face other charges based on your alleged Internet activities, such as solicitation of a minor in a chat room.
- Whatever the precise circumstances of your case, you deserve quality representation and protection of all your constitutional rights.
If you are falsely accused of possessing child porn or committing some other sex offense, we will strive to prove exactly that. If your home was searched without probable cause, we will expose that violation. If you want treatment and rehabilitation, we will work to help you get it.